Hi,

I am having a strange problem that I'm failing to resolve on my own. It
appears I'm not the only one as several other persons have also reported
it to me.

The contenders are Log4J 1.1.3, Log4J 1.2 and Cactus.

* When I run Cactus with log4j 1.1.3 in the classpath, I get a
"org/apache/log4j/Logger" NoClassDefFoundError.
* The problem is that in Cactus I do not use anything else than the
Log4J Category class.
* To ensure this, I am even building the Cactus jar with log4J 1.1.3.

This is driving me crazy ;-). Obviously, at first glance, you would say
that one of the 3 assertions above has to be false, right ? The problem
is that I have checked and rechecked several times (asking the help of
others too) and I still cannot see what's wrong.

Any idea, hint, RTFM, have some fresh air, etc ?

Thanks
-Vincent

P.S.: I realize it is certainly a fault on my side. However, I'm
completely stuck and others have been reporting same kinds of errors
(using Cactus).