From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 1:20 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: RE: StaticHierarchy class?

Howdy,

>Why is saving memory not important?

Saving memory is important.  However, like Ceki said (I've verified this
using a profiler for our system), the Logger instances (even at 1 for
each class) take so much less memory than your application classes, that
their memory footprint is insignificant.

And ultimately, IMHO memory is cheap and performance (speed) matters
more than memory.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics