From: Ryan D. Cuprak

Hello,
  I recently downloaded Sun Microsystems webservices  packet which came
with a jar "commons-logging.jar" which I think is a permutation of log4j
(possibly old) but not sure. Anyway, when I attempt to run my applet in a
browser I get the following exception trace (below) which I do not get if I
run the applet in my ide. Is org.apache.logging related to log4j? I
downloaded the latest log4 and it didn't look anything like the jar from
sun (contents).

-Thanks,
Ryan Cuprak

Exception:
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
java.lang.NullPointerException

      at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:494)

      at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:285)

      at
com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnection.<clinit>(HttpSOAPConnection.java:37)

      at
com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnectionFactory.createConnection(HttpSOAPConnectionFactory.java:25)

      at com.kodak.sis.applet.UserList.UserListApplet.sendSOAPMessage(Unknown Source)

      at com.kodak.sis.applet.UserList.UserListApplet.start(Unknown Source)

      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)