Howdy,
commons-logging is part of the Commons Logging package.  It's
not related to log4j except on the conceptual level, both being
dynamically configurable logging frameworks.  I think commons-logging
actually allows you to use log4j as the underlying mechanism though.

Therefore, your question belongs in the commons-logging mailing list ;)

As a guess, even though I don't want to continue this thread as it
doesn't belong on this list, you may have two versions of the same
class in your runtime classpath.  An ExceptionInInitializerError would
be thrown when the VM tries to instantiate a class with a constructor
that's different from what's in the actual .class.  Check your classpath
(including server libraries if you're using tomcat or whatever) to
make sure you don't have duplicate classes.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

OAPC
>onnection.java:37)
>
>      at
>com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnectionFactory.createC
onne
>ction(HttpSOAPConnectionFactory.java:25)
>
>      at
>com.kodak.sis.applet.UserList.UserListApplet.sendSOAPMessage(Unknown
>Source)
>
>      at com.kodak.sis.applet.UserList.UserListApplet.start(Unknown
Source)