Having a property file is the most interesting aspect.  If you were going to
put a property key/value element directly in the configuration file, why not
just use the value directly in the configuration file in the first place?
Unless you used xml entities to define a file of property elements to
include, I guess.

The idea of referencing a property file is a good one.

-Mark