Appenders should be thread-safe, hence a single appender can be added to
multiple loggers.

--

Thomas

|            |              |
|            |              |
|          moons          moons
|            |            / |  \
|          |           /  |   \
|        TheMoon   Ganymed ... Kallisto
|
| In the example above i were interested only in
| the activities of moons and would like to
| connect a 'MoonFileAppender' to both
| "planets.earth.moons" and "planets.jupiter.moons".
|

| Does that work?
| I searched the archives, but because i am new
| to log4j i could not find any relevant information
| (or didn't understand it  :-)
|
| Thanks in Advance
| Wolfgang
|
| --
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Copyright ERA Technology Ltd. 2002. (www.era.co.uk). All rights reserved.
The information supplied in this Commercial Communication should be treated
in confidence.
No liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss or damage
suffered as a result of accessing this message or any attachments.