Hi,
I have a LogTest program that can successfully write to syslog using
Log4J *when I invoke it standalone*, ie. java ***.**.LogTest. But
when I do it from ANT/JUnit, there is no log message written.

I tried around, and found that if I add the call
PropertyConfigurator.configure("log4j.properties") in my code, then
it will write the log message when I run ANT/JUnit.

But why do I need to do it just for ANT/Junit env, while it is not
needed when I run it standalone? I don't want to hard code that way
in the code.

For the standalone way, I didn't specify log4j.configuration or
invoke PropertyConfigurator.configure(..), all I do is to put
log4j.properties file in my classpath and it works.

Thanks for your help,
-wleana