Wulf Wechsung wrote:

I read in the faq that calling Logger.getLogger() will kill app performance.
I am currently writing a wrapper for a beast called the SAP/webMethod
business connector which is an app-server providing a 'unique' flow language
to programm services. It would be to quite an effort to ask the developers
of those services to keep references to their logger and pass it for each
log statement, so I would did an implementation that determines which logger
to use by itself. Unfortunatly it has to call Logger.getLogger() for each
log-call.

Hi Wulf,

I did not see this FAQ. Can you post the URL so that I can read it too? Currently I have a call to Logger.getLogger() in every class and the returned Logger is stored in a static field. This is not the common way to acquire a logger?

Thank you,

Erik