Shapira, Yoav wrote:

The situation he was talking about is different. He's writing a logging façade, which will have methods like:

public static log(Class clazz, String message) {

And his question was about the cost of doing Logger.getLogger(clazz.getName()) each and every time inside the above method. That can indeed get expensive. It's like if you were doing Logger.getLogger() not in a static initializer, but every single time you needed to log something.

Oh, okay. Thanks Yoav. I still can't see how you figured that out from his post ;) but now that I know the context, his question makes complete sense.

Erik