Avner BenHanoch wrote:

you should look how to read a file that resides in your jar file with your
applet.  I did it in the past for files that are not multimedia (those have
built-in support in applets).  I don't remember how and have no time for
more then giving you the direction.  if you don't find, try in mailing list
of applets or general java.  maybe something under forum.java.sun.com.

Please read my other replies. The problem is not retrieving the properties file. The problem is the introspection that is used to apply the properties, as you will see if you read the console output I attached to the post you replied to.

/Rickard