Hi all,

I have a servlet running in Tomcat, which I have setup to do logging via
log4j. However, I get the foll. error when I try to run my app:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category

I have the jog4j-1.2.8.jar file in my classpath.

I have also done:
PropertyConfigurator.configure("http://localhost:8080/examples/log4j.properties";);
where log4j.properties looks like:
log4j.rootLogger=INFO, d1
log4j.appender.d1=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.d1.layout=org.apache.log4j.SimpleLayout

Can anyone give me hints as to what's wrong?

thanks!
Rishi