Hi Mike, Larry,

You can consider RepeatFilter.java as having an Apache software
license, the same license under which log4j is distributed.

However, I cannot grant the same liberty for the rest of the text or
code. If I gave a blank cheque permission to copy small portion of
code or text from the book, there is serious a risk that some
unscrupulous individual or company would copy large chunks from the
book. Unfortunately, such things happen frequently.

I have seen instances were code I recognized as my own was copied by a
large (and well-known) IT company. They removed the Apache copyright
and slapped their own, which of course is in total violation of
copyright law.

Anyway, thank you for your supportive words in relation to my book.