Shapira, Yoav wrote:

Howdy,
Neither in the JSPs nor the servlet: take Jacob's advice about the
ServletContextListener, it's a good one.

Ok, I got it!
I didn't know about that, I'm still quite a newbie at JSPs.
Created my class implementing ServletContextListener, put it in web.xml of my app, restarted Tomcat, checked rotating was working, reloaded the app, and the rotating *still* works!

So it seems this IS the solution, and it was definitely non-trivial for me (although it's probably obvious for people with more experience).

Many thanks Jacob, Yoav and Tim for your help!

I'm going to have a careful look at those logs for a while, and I'll be sure to come back to you if it breaks again :-)

Laurent