> Thanks Ceki (for the great product as well as the 1.3 tip)
> but for the moment, alpha builds are off limits for my
> production environment.  For the moment I've written myself a
> quick and dirty DirectoryRollingFileAppender that suits my
> very specific needs (subclassing RollingFileAppender and
> borrowing some of Daily's logic).

It is interesting that many businesses (including yours AND mine) do not
wish to utilise non-release candidate packages, yet seem quite comfortable
with their own developers writing brand new things, testing, and then
releasing it....  Couldn't we all use log4j1.3 alpha, and test it in our own
environment and then use it?

Wouldn't we all benefit from the real life testing?

cheers,

Paul Smith