> Been using chainsaw v2 for a couple of days - can't get
> enough of it, I've introduced the rest of the team to it and
> we're tidying up the logging in our application to get the
> most benefit possible, but I'm having a problem loading xml
> events from a file into chainsaw...

That's always nice to hear..  Thanks!

I think you need to get rid of these lines from the file, IIRC (it's been a
while):

> <?xml version="1.0" ?>
> <!DOCTYPE log4j:eventSet SYSTEM "log4j.dtd">

Chainsaw will automatically wrap them I think.  Try it out anyway! :)

BTW, 'soon' you will be able to browse directories for logging files to
load, even from remote sources like ftp/sftp/http/ because of the wonders of
Jakarta VFS (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/vfs/).

I am hoping that VFS will event allow you to read these files even when they
are in a compressed state (zip/tar etc).

The VFSPlugin that I am working on is nowhere NEAR ready, but I'll let this
list know when it's ready for the bleeding-edge users...

cheers,

Paul Smith