Apologies are mine if this issue is discussed already.

I have two different applications i-e two separate jar files (ApplicationA.jar
and ApplicationB.jar).

Both use log4j for logging to separate files (A.txt and B.txt).

Now the scenario is

ApplicationB uses ApplicationA jar file. I have placed ApplicationA.jar and
log4j.jar in WEB_INF/lib folder of ApplicationB. When ApplicationB runs, I
expect to get logs in different files but unfortunately this does not happen.
ApplicationA makes some logging in B.txt and ApplicationB in A.txt. Though both
are using different configuration files.

Is this normal? What is the solution to the problem?

Thanking in advance.

Amir