Scott,

I tried out your below suggestion: adding <property
name="log4j.configuration" value="http://myServer/myLog4jConfig.xml"; />to
the resources section of the .jnlp file, but it does not seem to work (I
also tried it with "file:" and "ftp:"). Is the "should" in your reply a
"should" or a "must". In the former case I could try to trace down whether
something goes wrong in the chainsaw code.

Cheers,
dirk