> I think that I heard that 1.3 allows you to choose the number
> of trace lines or that someone was doing an enhancement for
> that.  Check the list archives.

Yes but for the moment I have to stick with a production proven version.
Everything is already deployed.

> Another option is to not send the stack trace to SMS.  When
> the person gets the SMS there probably won't be enough info
> in the trace to be useful so they could just check email to
> get the trace.

Yes it's exactly what I'm looking for.
But without modifying the application :-))
Right now I have a ton of places where, for this logger, I have
something like:

AdminLogger.fatal("Wager Core", ex);

So I should add another logger statement in each place further clogging
the application.
Looking at the PatternLayout class I discovered that it already does
something very similar.
I can specify through a conversion pattern a maximum number of chars:

%-20.50m

But... It truncates the logging message at the beginning :-(((
A friend of mine who has the complete book told me that this is what the
author wanted to do.
Why? ;->

Bye

--