From: Scott Deboy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: vrijdag 18 maart 2005 6:22
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: RE: Chainsaw with CustomSQLDBReceiver fo oracle

If you can post your table schema and what you have for an 'sql' parameter
and we can figure it out.

Scott

There are a number of limitations described in the JavaDoc:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/logging-log4j/src/java/org/apache/log4j/db
/CustomSQLDBReceiver.java?rev=1.3&view=markup

- You must have an identity column and specify that field as the IDField
param.
- All of the event fields must be defined in the SQL statement, even if you
don't have columns for them in your database
- Unless you specify 'application' and 'hostname' params, the events may
show
up on the chainsaw-log tab (but more likely) an empty tab.

There is an example receiver configuration on Chainsaw's Welcome tab that
shows
an example CustomSQLDBReceiver config.

When running, look on the chainsaw-log tab for messages containing 'lastID'
-
this will tell you if your sql is executing, because lastID is the highest
value of the identity field that the receiver was able to retrieve from the
database.