Rajiv, I don't know the construct "log4j.appender.Servlet...", but I believe filepath indicated should either be absolute (i.e. starting from root), or if relative will be taken to mean as relative from the start-dir of the web server/servlet container.

If you want logs placed relative to your app ... I've seen at least one post of somebody who did that in a webapp by having an initialisation Servlet do it dynamically.

Regards,

--A

From: "Ranjan, Rajiv" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <log4j-user@logging.apache.org>
Subject: Log file does not gets created with log4j
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 03:12:54 -0500

Logs file does not gets created on the given location in log4j
properties file.

log4j.appender.Servlet.File=/log/CCAR_TRN1/sybnservlet/servlet.log

I have log4j.jar file in the weblogic server classpath, also passed
log4j.properties file as JAVA_ARGS.

Still not working.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks