Just to confirm...

../ Does that work in file paths?

-----Original Message-----
From: Aron Bock [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 8:42 AM
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: RE: Log file does not gets created with log4j

Rajiv, I don't know the construct "log4j.appender.Servlet...", but I
believe
filepath indicated should either be absolute (i.e. starting from root),
or
if relative will be taken to mean as relative from the start-dir of the
web
server/servlet container.

If you want logs placed relative to your app ... I've seen at least one
post
of somebody who did that in a webapp by having an initialisation Servlet
do
it dynamically.

Regards,

--A