Hi Chris,

- You don't have to use a cyclic buffer (this is configurable per-tab),
but Chainsaw launched via Web Start may not have enough memory to load
your log file.

If you download the 'bundle', you can modify the startup script to
allocate more memory to the VM, which may allow you to load a larger
file (-Xmx argument, etc)

- Expression support for the TIMESTAMP field is a little awkward - you
can't use the ~= operator, but you can use relational operators.

You must use a specific timestamp format in expressions: yyyy/MM/dd
HH:mm:ss - milliseconds are ignored.

This expression will allow you to display events that occurred at
7:13:38:

TIMESTAMP > '2006/08/21 07:13:37' && TIMESTAMP < '2006/08/21 07:13:39'

Notice how I've put the timestamp values in quotes - because there are
spaces.

- Chainsaw does support search - via the text field in the toolbar.  You
can use the same expression syntax to search that you can to colorize
entries or filter entries.

To use search, enter text in the text field and press F3 or click the
down arrow next to the text field.  Matching lines will be highlighted
in black.  Move through matches by pressing F3 again or the down arrow,
or Shift-F3 and the up arrow in order to reverse-search.

To clear the highlight from a search, clear the text box and press F3.

Scott Deboy
Principal Engineer
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950