fair question :-}

as the log statement was the very first thing to happen in my new thread i was
not expecting that the interrupt from outside could already happen. that's
quite a stupid assumption i made. obviously timing on my single prozessor WinXP
machine and on the multiprocessor sun server are different;-)

apologies
patrick