On 9/13/06, David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I am using categories, but I can't find the appropiate combination for that.
I expect the following configuration should work:

  log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, logFile, htmlLogFile, console
  # com.schinvest is my application
  log4j.additivity.com.schinvest=false

  log4j.category.com.schinvest = INFO, htmlLogFile, console
  log4j.category.net.sf =WARN, logFile, htmlLogFile, console
  log4j.additivity.net.sf =false

  I get the expected result for console and htmlLogFile, but I don't see the
INFO level for my app on logFile I see only the WARN level for external
libraries.

You have disabled additivity in the com.schinvest category, and the
only loggers attached to that category are htmlLogFile and console -
the log messages from the com.schinvest logger hierachy aren't
reaching the Appender called logFile.

--
Javier González Nicolini