Dear Javier Gonzalez,

  Thanks for the reply. I have tested not adding the additivity condition, but
the I get a repeated messages on one of the outputs.

  Other guy from the list, tell that what I want is not possible with a
properties file configuration, I have to use XML configuration. I have tested
its solution and it works, after that I have sent some comment about if there
is a way to simplify the configuration.

  Regards, and thank you,

  David

Javier Gonzalez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  On 9/13/06, David wrote:
> I am using categories, but I can't find the appropiate combination for that.
> I expect the following configuration should work:
>
> log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, logFile, htmlLogFile, console
> # com.schinvest is my application
> log4j.additivity.com.schinvest=false
>

> log4j.category.com.schinvest = INFO, htmlLogFile, console
> log4j.category.net.sf =WARN, logFile, htmlLogFile, console
> log4j.additivity.net.sf =false
>
> I get the expected result for console and htmlLogFile, but I don't see the
> INFO level for my app on logFile I see only the WARN level for external
> libraries.

You have disabled additivity in the com.schinvest category, and the
only loggers attached to that category are htmlLogFile and console -
the log messages from the com.schinvest logger hierachy aren't
reaching the Appender called logFile.

--
Javier González Nicolini