Hi, Jake,
Thanks,
It is a log4j.xml and it is in \WEB-INF and \classes also. it will be OK in
classes but, just in case.
automatic or manual? I d'not know what you are asking.
Adilson

On 10/25/06, Jacob Kjome <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Where do you put your config file?  And is the config file
log4j.properties or
log4j.xml?  Do you use automatic configuration or manual configuration?

Jake

Quoting James Stauffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Can you turn on log4j debugging (set "log4j.debug" system property to
> "true")?  That might help determine the cause.
>
> On 10/25/06, Adilson Dias da Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I and the fellows from the host admin are facing with a following
> situation:
> > myApp doesn't create a log file whem running in the host's tomcat
server
> > (virtual host), but is OK whem running in a tomcat localhost.
> > I have tested the same address used on log4j.xml, creating a file in
the
> > directory (/home/.../domains/myApp/logs/ ) and was created fine.
> > I have migrate to tomcat from jboss by the same reason, and in the
jboss  i
> > have used the jboss soluction for RepositorySelector (
> > http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Log4jRepositorySelector )
without