On Nov 29, 2006, at 10:11 PM, ying lcs wrote:

I try it, but I get this error "

log4j:WARN No such property [maxBackupIndex] in
org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender.

I put this line in the log4j properties file.
log4j.appender.ACCESS.MaxBackupIndex=7

On 11/28/06, Shuh Chang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think you can set the MaxBackupIndex parameter like this:

log4j.appender.drfa.MaxBackupIndex=7

That parameter only exists for RollingFileAppender. To the best of my knowledge there isn't a way to do that in log4j, but since the files should be closed, you are free to have a cron job to do that maintenance.