From: Andrew Marlow [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 2:17 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: RE: Weird memory consumption

Wozniak, Marcin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have been investigating memory leaks in the system we
> write (JAVA) and we experianced the following problem on Red
> Hat 4.0 system.
>
> Even though JConsole, and JProfiler do not show any improper
> memory consumption in JVM, operation system tools like Top
> show that JVM process consumes a lot of memory.
>
> The longer the test lasts, the more memory loss can be noticed.

What does valgrind say?

Regards,

Andrew Marlow

******"
The data and information (collectively called Information) herein is the
sole property of ICAP.  The Information is confidential, may be legally
privileged and is intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed.  Unauthorised disclosure, copying or
distribution of the Information is strictly prohibited and the recipient
of the Information shall not redistribute the Information in any form to
a third party.  If you received this Information in error please tell us
by reply (or telephone the sender) and delete all copies on your system.

References in this Information to ICAP are references to ICAP plc, a
company incorporated in England with registered number 3611426 whose
registered office is 2 Broadgate, London, EC2M 7UR and where the context
requires, includes its subsidiary and associated undertakings.  As
applicable, certain companies within the ICAP group are authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority.  Any investment research
sent from ICAP will provide an impartial and objective assessment of the
securities, companies or other matters that are the subject of their
research and our Conflicts of Interest Management Policy regarding
investment research can be viewed by requesting a copy from your usual
contact at ICAP.  Please visit www.icap.com for further regulatory
information including details regarding the European eCommerce
Directive.

*******"
We have taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software
viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any
attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or
damage caused by software viruses. "