Wozniak, Marcin wrote:
> I do not think using valgrind is even possible.  Tested
> software is quite complex, multithreaded server application.
> Beside the problem insists after few days of long-duration tests.

ok then, maybe not....

> BTW do you really think that Valgrind is useful for Java
> application profiling?

No. But I was hoping it might be able to shed light on why a java app
apparently leaks memory. Valgrind is good for finding memory corruptions and
memory leaks.

> I guess it is more useful in C++
> application since there is no virtual machine between the
> software and operation system.

Yes. The JVM would seem to be standing in the way. Still, I was hoping it still
might shed some light.

> Because I dont find very
> likely that newest update of java 1.5 has any leaks.

I wasn't suggesting the fault was with the JVM.....