If you're running Chainsaw from the Unix/DOS standalone download, you can
remove jmdns.jar from the jars and run from the script...that'll prevent you
from getting a zeroconf tab.  If you run from the Web Start download, you
probably can't avoid it.

Also, you can press F1 to hide the welcome tab (you have to do that each time
you launch Chainsaw).

I can't say when the next version of Chainsaw will be released - it's dependent
on some log4j extras that haven't yet been officially released.  Once those
dependencies have been released, a Chainsaw release should follow shortly after.

It looks like you're doing the right thing to get org.apache.log4j entries to
not be appended..

I used:

   <logger name="org.apache.log4j">
      <level value="OFF"/>
   </logger>

And I did still get some messages on an empty tab ("-"), but I didn't get a
chainsaw-log tab.

Scott Deboy
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950