Or you can use log4j via SLF4J:

void *debug*(String
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/String.html>
format,
           Object
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/Object.html> arg1,
           Object
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/Object.html> arg2)

Log a message at the DEBUG level according to the specified format and
arguments.

This form avoids superfluous object creation when the logger is disabled for
the DEBUG level.

*Parameters:*format - the format stringarg1 - the first argumentarg2 - the
second argument
http://www.slf4j.org/api/org/slf4j/Logger.html#debug(java.lang.String,%20java.lang.Object,%20java.lang.Object)

Maarten