http://logging.apache.org/log4j/companions/receivers/apidocs/org/apache/log4j/db/CustomSQLDBReceiver.html

Add your jdbc jar to the $userhome/.chainsaw/plugins folder and update your
chainsaw xml config file to use the receiver (see the Welcome tab - there's a
'view example receiver configuration' button on that tab which contains an
example configuration file.

The receiver essentially requires you to define aliases from your columns to
fixed columns the receiver is going to use to run the query.  It also supports
an IDField param, which is assumed to be an auto-incrementing int, which will
allow you to 'tail' the events from the database when running the query
multiple times (if the refreshMillis param is defined).

Scott Deboy
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
Portland, OR  97201