I created a table with the following statement.

1) CREATE TABLE  `userdb`.`sys_log` (

  `log_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,

  `log_date` timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,

  `sys_name` varchar(45) NOT NULL,

  `machine_name` varchar(45) NOT NULL,

  `class_name` varchar(45) NOT NULL,

  `priority` varchar(45) NOT NULL,

  `message` varchar(45) default NULL,

  `extended_message` varchar(45) default NULL,

  `user_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,

  `method_name` varchar(45) NOT NULL,

  PRIMARY KEY  (`log_id`)

) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

My config file is like this...

2) <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration >

<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/";

debug="true">

   <appender name="A2" class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">

      <layout class="org.apache.log4j.SimpleLayout"/>

   </appender>

  <plugin name="CustomDBReceiver"

class="org.apache.log4j.db.CustomSQLDBReceiver">

      <connectionSource

class="org.apache.log4j.db.DriverManagerConnectionSource">

        <param name="password" value="admin"/>

        <param name="user" value="root"/>

        <param name="driverClass" value="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"/>

        <param name="url" value="jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/user_db"/>

              </connectionSource>

      <param name="refreshMillis" value="5000"/>

      <param name="sql" value='select logger as LOGGER, log_date as

TIMESTAMP, priority as LEVEL, message as MESSAGE, class_name as CLASS,

method_name as METHOD,

concat("{{application,databaselogs,hostname,mymachine,log4jid,",

COUNTER, "}}") as PROPERTIES, "" as EXCEPTION from sys_log'/>

      THREAD,  NDC, MDC, FILE, LINE, PROPERTIES, THROWABLE

      <param name="IDField" value="log_id"/>

   </plugin>

   <root>

      <level value="debug"/>

   </root>

</log4j:configuration>

I also setup automatic configuration script to point to my config file

in chainsaw. But when I open chainsaw, nothing happens. I have also put
the MySQL driver .jar file in .chainsaw/plugins directory.

Please let me know what I am missing.

Regards,

Varun Rally

Fiserv, A-94/8, SECTOR 58 NOIDA UP INDIA 201301

Phone- 91-120-4023000  extn. 3268 Cell- 91-98990-37800

VOIP - 434-509-0698 Extn. 121

US Phone- 001-303-293-2223 Extn. 22814