On Sep 17, 2008, at 2:00 AM, NehaG wrote:

Any suggestions for this please - I am struck up with this issue.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

NehaG wrote:

Hello
Does JMSAppender support Internationalization?
As per my research, FileAppender and ConsoleAppender supports
internationalization through the following configuration:
log4j.appender.MyAppender.Encoding=UTF-8

Is there a similar configuration possible for JMS Appender as well?
because when I am using similar configuration for JMSAppender as below:

log4j.appender.JMSApp=org.apache.log4j.net.JMSAppender
log4j.appender.JMSApp.Encoding=UTF-8

the output is as follows:

log4j:WARN No such property [encoding] in
org.apache.log4j.net.JMSAppender.
log4j:ERROR Error while activating options for appender named [JMSApp].

Whereas similar configuration seems to work with File and Console
Appender.
If somebody have a hint, please let me know.

The JMSAppender uses Java serialization to convert the LoggingEvent into a byte stream. Java serialization encodes strings as UTF-8 which can represent all Unicode characters. There is no user-specifiable encoding since the encoding is mandated by Java serialization.

If you are using a JMSAppender and are seeing issues, it is mostly likely that the problem is downstream of the JMSSink. Please describe the symptoms that you are seeing and we may be able to identify the problem.