Hi,

I have written a custom appender that adds file rotation and zipping
of the rotated files. Some other custom functionality is added. What I
do is: when a file has reached a certain size, I close the file,
rename it and compress it. After the rename, I reset the file. The
renaming of the file is where it all goes wrong.

Everything works fine if I stick to using the rootLogger:

<Defining of our custom appender>

log4j.rootLogger=INFO, ddm

#THIS WORKS FINE
#log4j.logger.mylogger=INFO

#THIS DOES NOT WORK FINE. Note That we do not even write to this logger (class)
log4j.logger.be.package=INFO, mylogger

SO for some reason, using the line "log4j.logger.be.package=INFO,
mylogger" creates an object that prevents the rename from taking
place.

I have looked at the RollingFileAppender about closing the
file/writing to the stream, but as far as I can see, I do the same. I
could also rewrite my custom appender starting from the
RollingFileAppender, but that is something I want to prevent

Any help would be apreciated

Guy