From: Guy [mailto:guy.van.tilbo...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:46 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Custom Appender works fine with rootlogger, but not when logger
specified

Thanks Simon,

but my problem was caused by the following lines during activateOptions():

//set the name to the className as name of the appender.
//This will always be the name of the actual class (I have more than
one appender, some extending the other)
String classname = this.getClass().getName();
classname = classname.substring(classname.lastIndexOf(".") +1);
this.setName(classname);

I don't even know anymore why I thought this would be a good idea, but
ommenting the code solved the problem.

I am curious how that code was the cause of the problem, but the
problem itself is solved

Guy

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Simon Park <simon_park_m...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Take a look at the
> http://www.simonsite.org.uk/javadoc/org/apache/log4j/appender/TimeAndSizeRollingAppender.html.
>   Source is available in the JAR at
> http://www.simonsite.org.uk/resources/lib/log4j-rolling-appender.jar.  This
> appender does a similar thing to your custom appender by the sounds of it.
>
> Simon
>

> ________________________________

This e-mail and all material transmitted with it are for the use of the
intended recipient(s) ONLY and contains confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies and the original message. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
copying of this email or any action taken pursuant to the contents of the
present e-mail is strictly prohibited and is unlawful.
The recipient acknowledges that Bharti Telesoft Limited or its management or
directors, are unable to exercise control or ensure the integrity over /of the
contents of the information contained in e-mail. Any views expressed herein are
those of the individual sender only and no binding nature of the contents shall
be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of
Bharti Telesoft Limited. E-mail and any contents transmitted with it are prone
to viruses and related defects despite all efforts to avoid such by Bharti
Telesoft Limited.