Yup...but...you know, I cannot do the trouble shooting on the Customer
Field...that's not permitted. That's why I always want to understand in
which case the log4j and "kill -3" will not work correctly. I doubt that
maybe I need to involve SUN support to see why the JVM will not handle the
"kill -3" signal. Perhaps, they have the same root cause.

Thanks for your advice.