Additivity flag has no effect on root logger since the root logger is the
uppermost logger within the hierarchy. The flag is only meant for subordinated
loggers (e.g. com.my.company. ...).

Do you have two log4j.jar in the same application? Each application needs only
one (in WEB-INF/lib), and the parent classloader needs one (in common/lib).

You say that you use "the same log.properties". Do you mean, you configure the
same file names in two different applications? Therefore I guess you get the
same entry from a common library class which is used by two different apps.

Or do you mean you see, e.g., an INFO statement in both the Logger_Debug.txt
and the Logger_Info.txt? This would be normal according to your configuration.

Your copied config content is not complete. You reference an ERRRO_APPENDER
which is not defined. Are you sure that there is no other logger declaration in
your config file, without the additivity flag, but the same appenders? This
would be the reason for having double log entries.

Please explain more accurate.

Heri