From: Marco Silva [mailto:mlsil...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 11:15 AM
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: [SCL-3] deploying several log files

Hi All,
I´ll try to describe my problem, describing my context:

I'm maintaining an app which uses Log4j to generate several file logs (one
log per module event of data loaded on the DB), each file log is filled by
events which start in filenet by several apps deployed in Websphere (WAR) ,
each module has his own XML .
So my problem is only one file log is filled for all modules, initially I
saw each XML configuration file doesn´t have the package identified, so I´ve
changed this putting package1, package2, package3.
But now I see and expression <ROOT> as is described below, I don´t know if
this should be keep it in each XML configuration file?

    <!-- category name="ALL"-->
    <category name="package1">
        <priority value="WARN"/>
        <appender-ref ref="CATALOGER_FILE_APPENDER"/>
    </category>

    <root>
        <levvalue="WARN" />
        <appender-ref ref="CATALOGER_FILE_APPENDER"/>
    </root>

--

Regards
Marco Silva