Den 08/10/10 00.39, Don Raikes skrev:
Hello,

I have a java project which I compile and then package in a jar file which goes
into my jdk_home\jre\lib\ext folder (it is an extension to my jdk).
I would recommend against using the extension mechanism as this changes the global behaviour of this JDK which may cause _other_ Java programs using this JDK to unexpectantly change behaviour causing bugs that can be very hard to find.

What is the reason for you not just having an extra jar in your classpath?

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen  "...plus... Tubular Bells!"