If you have a limited set of loggers you are concerned with, just create a
separate appender for each file you want created.  So, if you have 5 loggers you
care about, just create 5 appenders; each with its own file.  Then associate the
appropriate appender with the appropriate logger.  In that case, there's no need
to create a custom appender.

Jake