Von: KARR, DAVID (ATTSI) [mailto:dk0...@att.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2011 18:49
An: Log4J Users List
Betreff: RE: Getting "Could not find root logger information" but I don't see
why

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jacob Kjome [mailto:h...@visi.com]
> Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 9:35 AM
> To: Log4J Users List
> Subject: Re: Getting "Could not find root logger information" but I
> don't see why
>
> Is that a literal path?....
>
> "...\my.ear\my.war\WEB-INF/log4j.xml"

No, the real path information is elided.  This part works fine.

> Also, keep in mind that because you are not [likely] using a logger
> repository
> selector, you will be using the default logger repository unless you
> are using
> child-first, or parent-last, classloading.  If you want per/webapp
> logger
> configuration, this is a must.  Otherwise, you might as well place
> log4j.xml
> in the server's classpath.

This is something I definitely need to get more information about.  I'll read
the docs on this and work on implementing this.

> And if you aren't doing anything special
> regarding
> setting runtime properties for you configuration to use, then it is
> rather
> pointless to use a custom Log4j init servlet.  Just place log4j.xml in
> WEB-INF/classes and be done.  Log4j will automatically pick this up and
> use
> it.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, and once I eliminate some other issues, I plan on
eliminating that.  However, I may have a classpath issue that may end up
requiring this.  I'm not sure.  Due to some other constraints, I appear to be
forced to have my log4j.jar at both the EAR and WAR classpath level.  In my
WebLogic config, I'm doing everything I can to make it "prefer" the jars in the
webapp.