Ahh....  Yes, I didn't notice you had a threshold of "INFO" in your ConsoleAppender.  Simply remove that.  I don't see the point of it given the rest of your configuration.

Jake

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 21:59:19 -0400
 "Konduru, Geetha" <geetha_kond...@medco.com> wrote:
Following may work...

<appender name="console" class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">

        <param name="Threshold" value="DEBUG"/>

            <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d{dd/MMM/yyyy HH:mm:ss.SSSS} %m%n"/>

        </layout>

    </appender>

-----Original Message-----
From: Néstor Boscán [mailto:nestor.bos...@tcs.com.ve] Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:25 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Log4J not generating DEBUG messages

That was an example. My original package is something like

ve.com.<company>.<app>.

That's whats inside package and my class is inside that package.

Regards,

Néstor Boscán

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com> wrote:

"package" is an odd logger name.  How do you name your logger(s)?  You

stated the following in your original message: "...so that the classes in my

package...".  What package?  A package named "package"?  Name the logger

after the actual package name, such as "com.mycompany", rather than the

likely non-existent package "package" and you will get the results you

expect.

Jake

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 16:44:21 -0430

  Néstor Boscán <nestor.bos...@tcs.com.ve> wrote:

This is the log4j.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.**apache.org/log4j/<http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/>

"

                      debug="false">

     <appender name="console" class="org.apache.log4j.**ConsoleAppender">

         <param name="Threshold" value="INFO"/>

         <layout class="org.apache.log4j.**PatternLayout">

             <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d{dd/MMM/yyyy

HH:mm:ss.SSSS} %m%n"/>

         </layout>

     </appender>

     <logger name="package" additivity="false">

         <level value="all"/>

         <appender-ref ref="console"/>

     </logger>

     <root>

         <level value="error"/>

         <appender-ref ref="console"/>

     </root>

</log4j:configuration>

Regards,

Néstor Boscán

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Konduru, Geetha

<geetha_kond...@medco.com>**wrote:

  Would you please send the configuration...