By Michael Erskine
1. I know this might sound daft but is your class actually trying to log
anything?
2. Any luck with Log4J for a simple application?
3. Are you using HttpClient at the server side under Tomcat or as a
standalone client?

1. Yes it does. I use:
PropertyConfigurator.configure("./src/logging/log4j.properties");
And shortly after logger.debug("some test message"); just to test IF the
proprties file was loaded and if it was loaded correctly. Yes it was.

2. logger.debug("some test message"); <- works.

3. Standalone client

By Gary Gregory:
1. See "Default Initialization Procedure"

1. Just in case I added  *log4j.defaultInitOverride=true *Didn't work. Also
IF the configuration file specified by me was somehow overridden, then
 logger.debug("some
test message"); wouldn't work. And it works exactly as specified with
configuration file I provided. I tested it with different levels than just
debug level.