Hi all,

I'm trying to configure the Kafka Appender with the programmatic configuration
described in the manuals. So I created the ConfigurationFactory and set up the
AppenderComponentBuilder.

If I execute the Application I'll get following exception:

Caused by: org.apache.kafka.common.config.ConfigException: Missing required
configuration "bootstrap.servers" which has no default value.

Obviously the property "bootstrap.servers" hasn't been set.

A builder.addProperty("bootstrap.servers", "kafka.host"); doesn't work. In XML
the configuration looks like <Property
name="bootstrap.servers">kafka.host</Property>.

But how do I set this in java?

The code looks like the following:

    static Configuration createConfiguration(final String name,
ConfigurationBuilder<BuiltConfiguration> builder) {

        builder.setConfigurationName(name);
        builder.setStatusLevel(Level.INFO);

        AppenderComponentBuilder kafkaBuilder =
builder.newAppender("KafkaLogger ", "Kafka")
                .addAttribute("topic", "testTopic");
        kafkaBuilder.add(builder.newLayout("PatternLayout")
                .addAttribute("pattern", "%d{HH:mm:ss:SSS} | %logger{20} |
%msg%n%ex{5}"));

        builder.add(kafkaBuilder);

builder.add(builder.newRootLogger(Level.INFO).add(builder.newAppenderRef("KafkaLogger")));

        return builder.build();
    }

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks and BR,