If a user can simply solve this using a `ScriptFilter`, I am not keen on
adding a custom filter to support this use case out of the box – in
particular, when the user themselves signals "a poor design" on the
application side.

I am in favor of making the custom filter implementation process as
frictionless as possible, instead of making them a part of the default
distribution. I think `PatternLayout` and `JsonTemplateLayout` are good
examples of this principle – we stopped serving structures, but enabled
users to serve themselves instead.