Three things I've done there:

* I fixed XmlLayoutTest by dropping " in " at the end of the string
* Further I changed PatternLayoutTest like this:
        -Assert.AreEqual("RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast >
PatternLayoutTest.TestStackTracePattern", stringAppender.GetString(), "stack
trace value set");
        +Assert.AreEqual("System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod >
log4net.Tests.Layout.PatternLayoutTest.TestStackTracePattern",
stringAppender.GetString(), "stack trace value set");
* Further I fixed the issues with leaking exception translation