So far I've been unable to find the cause. I first thought it might be a
.NET4.0 thing and swapped to .NET2.0 but it kept failing. Then I thought it
might be related to NUnit but according to TcpView the listening port is
opened and closed properly. On stackoverflow and other resources the most
useful answer is: "this is a .NET error, migrate to WCF".

It may be related to some of those new and fancy security restrictions
introduced with Win7. On which windows do you run the tests, Stefan?

I've