On 2014-02-03, Miljenko Cvjetko wrote:

> So I would suggest You to do as Stefan suggested:

> 1. "to split log4net-13.dll so that the main assembly can be used for
> the client profile and a separate assembly contains the stuff that
> requires System.Web - this way we no longer need the -cp builds."

Dominik convinced me there was no future for the client profiles anyway,
but back then I didn't think about mobile platforms, much less Xamarin.

> 2. add separate assemblies for async/await (netfx 4.5, mono 3.x), so
> people are not forced into 4.5.

It doesn't look as if we were working on C# 5 code, no worries.

> Also Stefan asked me to merge code into 1.2.x (1.2.13) branch, so I'll
> do that in next few days and issue pull request as soon as I'm done. I
> will try to be least intrusive, so will probably end up with:

Note current trunk has been restructured quite a lot, a lot of folders
have been moved around and I doubt our github mirror would track that as
proper moves.

I'm not quite sure what you are going to suggest in your pull request,
we'll see.

Stefan