On Sep 9, 2016 7:03 AM, "Stefan Bodewig" <bode...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 2016-09-09, Ryan Boggs wrote:
>
> > On Sep 8, 2016 9:23 PM, "Stefan Bodewig" <bode...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> >> It feels like this is only a short term solution as NAnt is becoming
> >> more of an obstacle than help by not supporting recent frameworks
> >> anymore. So I expect we'll start discussing alternative solutions
> >> soonish.
>
> > If people wanna help get NAnt up to speed with the framework support, it
> > would be appreciated. I hit a wall with it.
>
> Ryan, I really appreciate NAnt and your work on it - and I think you
> know that. It has helped us tremendously.  What I said wasn't intended
> as a slant against NAnt.
No worries, I didn't take it as a slant. I was honestly saying that i hit a
wall with it and was seeing if there were others on the list who would want
to take a look at it to get it where you guys need it to be.

Fyi - One thing i do know regarding NAnt, mono, and windows is that when
they updated the installer for 4, they omitted the registry settings for
the first couple of releases so NAnt couldn't find it. They put it back
when i inquired about it but i think they changed the registry keys a bit.
I remember working on it some months ago but i forgot how far i got or if i
committed those changes.  I would have to look.

Hope that sheds some light for you guys.

> I wish I had time to contribute to NAnt, but you see yourself how little
> I manage to contribute to log4net.
I understand. I'm in the same boat myself.

> Stefan

Thanks,
Ryan